Friday, October 1, 2010

Just jogging along

When I started my life style change in Jan. I started by walking 1 mile.Everyday no mater how cold or snowy I walked a mile for a month I was so proud of my self. The next month I stared walking two miles. In the spring I walked to the park and back that was 3 mile everyday. In May I started walk/jogging the three miles. When I would go out my 15year old would watch my 4 year old.When school started I had to change things around I now do three one mile jogs every other day and mon. wed. and fri when i walk/stroller my son to preschool it is 5.2 miles for me.  Today I ran one mile with out stopping. I could not believe i could do that.  I cant wait to try it again tomorrow.

I have been reading a lot of running blogs. they are so interesting and i have learned a lot. I am just impressed wit how far some of these women run daily. I have decided i am going to enter my first 5k in the spring or summer.

10 comments:

  1. So excited to read about your life style change. I used to really dislike running. I did the same thing you did. Started out walking a mile, which turned into two, then three, then running some and walking some. Now I love running. I would never have thought.
    Congrats on the upcoming 5K.
    http://familyvolley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Newest follower-and commented on your blog-I came from this for that;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new found passion. Here's a running blog you may find inspiring as well. http://erikagerding.blogspot.com/ Good luck on the 5K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello I am a new follower from This for That. Looking great.
    http://megankayden.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following you from This for That! Thanks so much for linking up with us today! Best of luck on your new blog :)

    Blessings,
    Stephanie
    Ten Talents

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, i LOVE how you have gradually increased the distance and intensity and stay committed - nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SWEET! I am new here and would if you come visit and follow me too :) Shauna from http://www.trying2staycalm.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm following you back from This and That!
    Congrats on your success. I keep telling myself that I am going to walk a mile and day but I find excuses for not doing it after about 2 days. I think that your blog is going to inspire me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your blog when you entered my giveaway. Thanks for stopping by! I'm following you now, and will pass your blog on to several friends that are currently walking, but considering trying to transition to running :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Congrats on your one mile!! That is awesome. And you should sign up for a 5K for sure. It is so motivating to have a goal on the calendar and to see your progress as you work toward it. It will be fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete